Tuesday, February 15, 2011

City Days

Dylan and I got the chance to spend some time in New York City last week. We had booked a show at Googie's Lounge about a month back and we scored some tickets to AAU's graduate fashion show during Fashion Week. It was a lot of fun jam packed into a couple of days, leaving me tired but very happy. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures during our show at Googie's, but I covered pretty much everything else. Enjoy!




Fashion Week was held at Lincoln Center again, so it was pretty much the same setup as last time. The only difference was the attire of the guests...just about everyone had on some sort of a jacket, whether it be fur, trench, motorcycle, or something completely off the wall.

The show was fantastic. Lots of deep, rich colors with intricate sewing details. Stephanie Gelot's collection was our personal favorite, but you can check out all of the collections yourself here.


We took some time to visit MoMA while we were in the area. I had always wanted to go, but never had the spare time so I was happy to finally get the chance (not to mention, it was freezing so getting out of the cold was nice).


By Ai Weiwei from the series Study of Perspective.

By Jackson Pollock.

By Andy Warhol.

By Picasso.

By Frantisek Kupka.








On the way home, there was a terrific sunset. The wind was blowing rather hard, but I took my shot at a photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment